Copyright Takedown Notice
MaximumAwesome.com, Misfitopia.com, McAwesome.com, McAwesomeUniversity.com, CrapOrNotCrap.com, DaveMcAwesome.com and BlogThunderdome.com are humor, satire, entertainment and social networking services allowing users to communicate online with other users. These websites and services are hereafter referred to as the “Site”. The Site is hosted in the United States of America.
All material on the Site is humor, parody and/or satire.
Nothing on the Site is intended to infringe on the copyright or intellectual property rights of, well, anything. We are, however, human and allow for the fact that we may make mistakes. If we have, we apologize for any inconvenience. We have attempted to stay within our rights under the application of humor, parody, satire and ‘fair use’ under Title 17, United States Code, Section 107 and under the First Amendment of the Constitution of the United States of America. If you wish to file a copyright infringement notification with us, you will need to send a written communication that substantively follows the instructions on this page.
Notice and procedure for making claims of copyright infringement:
Pursuant to Title 17, United States Code, Section 512(c)(2), all notifications of claimed copyright infringement on the Site should be sent only to our designated agent. The following information is provided solely for notifying the service providers referenced below that your copyrighted material may have been infringed.
We caution you that under federal law, if you knowingly misrepresent that online material is infringing, you may be subject to heavy civil penalties. These include monetary damages, court costs, and attorneys’ fees incurred by us, by any copyright owner, or by any copyright owner’s licensee that is injured as a result of our relying upon your misrepresentation. You may also be subject to criminal prosecution for perjury.
Do not send any inquiries unrelated to copyright infringement (e.g. requests for technical assistance or customer service, etc.) to the contact listed below. You will not receive a response if sent to that contact.
Written notification must be submitted to the following Designated Agent:
Maximum Awesome Legal Department
Name of Agent Designated to Receive Notification of Claimed Infringement: Dave McAwesome
Full Address of Designated Agent to Which Notification Should be Sent: P.O. Box 164, New Hyde Park, NY 11040
Email Address of Designated Agent:
Under Title 17, United States Code, Section 512(c)(3)(A), the Notification of Claimed Infringement must include the following:
- An electronic or physical signature of the owner or of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
- Identification of the copyrighted work (or works) that you claim has been infringed;
- A description of the material that you claim is infringing, and the location where the original or an authorized copy of the copyrighted work exists (for example, the URL of the page of the website where it is lawfully posted; the name, edition and pages of a book from which an excerpt was copied, etc.);
- A clear description of where the infringing material is located on our website, including as applicable its URL, so that we can locate the material;
- Your address, telephone number, and e-mail address;
- A statement that you have a good-faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
Expect us to vigorously defend our rights in any and all legal matters.