I’d originally intended to watch Clone Wars from the beginning, but the trailers to the movie (of what were to be an arc in season 1) were so bad that I held off. I caught an episode or two here and there, but was not impressed.
Since Empire and Raiders, Lucas has failed in so many ways that it was hard for me to give him another chance. Sure, Genndy Tartakovsky’s Clone Wars was really fun, but I gave more credit to Tartakovsky and his team than to Lucas. I also don’t think my standards to too high for this stuff either. Unlike some old school fans, I don’t think Lucas owes me anything. Star Wars and Empire were great; every Star Wars-related thing he’s done since was not. That’s okay. My childhood is safe and secure in the warm embrace of competent late-70s filmmaking. Believe it or not, when it comes to Clone Wars, I’m rooting for Lucas. I want him to stop sucking. I want him to create something with a fraction of the humanity in Star Wars and Empire.
The point I’m trying to make is that I didn’t approach Clone Wars like a spoiled fan who wanted what he wanted when he wanted it. (Except, you know, I still want a Boba Fett movie.) Ultimately, I find the series to be better than the three prequel movies. They’re hit or miss, and I do think Tartakovsky’s series was better…and the Anakin/Ahsoka relationship is irritating, but whatever. I’ll live with it.
- Episode 1: Ambush
- Episode 2: Rising Malevolence
- Episode 3: Shadow of Malevolence
- Episode 4: Destroy Malevolence
- Episode 5: Rookies
- Episode 6: Downfall of a Droid
- Episode 7: Duel of the Droids
- Episode 8: Bombad Jedi
- Episode 9: Cloak of Darkness
- Episode 10: Lair of Grievous
- Episode 11: Dooku Captured
- Episode 12: The Gungan General
- Episode 13: Jedi Crash
- Episode 14: Defenders of Peace
- Episode 15: Trespass
- Episode 16: The Hidden Enemy
- Episode 17: Blue Shadow Virus
- Episode 18: Mystery of a Thousand Moons
- Episode 19: Storm over Ryloth
Back to the Star Wars: Clone Wars episode guide.